Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lemon Dill Salmon

Well hello!  I finally cooked a normal meal this evening and I even remembered to take pictures.  It was quite easy and if you are into salmon it tasted delish!
I just covered a sheet pan in foil drizzled some olive oil, placed four pieces salmon skin side down on the pan, then seasoned them with dill, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon slices.  I also drizzled a little more olive oil over the top before I sealed the foil pouch.  Here is what it looked like before baking.


After adding this photo I realized I also forgot to mention that I threw some sliced red onion and a few mushrooms in there too.  Good thing I took a picture or I would have totally forgot that.  Silly me!

This is what the foil pack looked like.  I just put a piece of foil over the pan and sealed the edges.

I baked it at 400* for about 30 minutes.  The fillets were frozen so it took a little longer.  I would check it after about 15 minutes if you use thawed salmon.

I sauteed some asparagus with red onion in olive oil and had that on the side.  We have been eating asparagus almost everyday thanks to our bountiful asparagus patch in the back yard.  I also cooked up some whole wheat shell pasta and tossed a little pesto with it for some starch on the side.
Here is the finished product...

No comments:

Post a Comment