Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna

Valentines Day... as far as I am concerned it's kind of overrated but it's a good excuse for me to cook something amazing so I'll take it!
I couldn't decide if I should make eggplant parm or eggplant lasagna so I kind of combined them both and this is what I got.  It might be the ugliest thing I have ever made but it was extremely tasty!!

I started offs by peeling and slicing the eggplant and then coated it in a bread crumb mixture that consisted of bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan.  Oh yea of course a little salt and pepper.  I dipped the eggplant in egg then the bread crumbs and put them in a single layer on a olive oil coated sheet pan.  I baked them at 375* for 20 minutes on each side.  Here are a few photos... oh just an FYI I don't really ever measure anything sorry!


                                                          Before baking


After baking

Then I basically just made lasagna with it.  I realized that I didn't make enough eggplant so I did a mixture of noodles and eggplant otherwise I would have skipped the noodles.  I started by putting a little sauce in the bottom of the pan then a layer of eggplant, sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mixture* (yes I used cottage cheese! I am normally anti cottage cheese in lasagna), parm, noodles, sauce, eggplant, sauteed mushrooms,onions, zucchini, more sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella, noodles, the remaining sauce, then I topped it with a combo of mozzarella and parm.  I covered it and baked it at 400* for about an hour.
 Here are some photos, like I said it wasn't pretty but it was AMAZING!!





Thanks for looking... and if you actually want to make this "recipe" or anything else I make please feel free to ask and I can try and explain it better to you! :)





*Cottage cheese mixtures contains cottage cheese, one egg, salt, pepper, and parsley


No comments:

Post a Comment