Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stuffed Eggplant

I am kind of on an eggplant kick.  I just can't seem to get enough of it lately.  I had one sitting in the fridge and I really would have liked to fry it up but I knew that was probably not the best choice.  I have also been craving stuffed peppers lately (even though I hate cooked peppers) I just wanted the filling so I decided to stuff the eggplant. Believe it or not I actually have a list of ingredients today :)




First I chopped the onion and garlic and cooked them with the ground venison until browned.  While I was that was cooking I scooped out the middle of the eggplant and finely chopped the middle of the eggplant that I removed.  When the meat was browned, I set it to the side and sauteed the zucchini, mushroom and center of the eggplant.  Side note... I added a little salt and pepper to both mixtures. 

before baking

 I cooked the veggies until they were soft and then added the meat back to the pan and added the can of diced tomatoes.  I added a little more salt and pepper and a few random spices(Italian seasoning, and I don't really remember what else)  Then I put in a handful of shredded mozzarella.  I forgot to take a picture before I filled the eggplant with the mixture and then topped it with the crushed crouton and Parmesan combo.  Then I baked it for about 40 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. 

Finished Product






 Ingredients

I small onion
2 cloves garlic
1 lb ground venison (if I had my choice I would have used ground turkey, you could use beef too)
1 large eggplant or 2 small
1 small zucchini
6-8 mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup garlic croutons crushed mixed with 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
hand full mozzarella cheese
1 can diced tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment